Any Class Member who wishes to make a reimbursement claim for a covered past repair must submit a completed and signed Claim Form, along with the following items of proof:
- Documentation showing that the vehicle received a covered past repair, the reason for the repair,* and the cost of the repair. Examples include, but are not limited to, repair orders, repair invoices, or other similar service center records;
- Reasonable documentation that you paid for the repair, such as a credit card statement, an invoice showing a zero balance, a receipt showing payment, or other such proof; and
- Proof that you owned or leased the vehicle at the time of the repair, such as a copy of the vehicle title, vehicle registration, bill of sale, vehicle lease agreement, insurance documentation, or financing documentation.
*A repair shall not qualify for reimbursement if the invoice or other documentation either omits the reason for the repair or describes an odor source other than moldy or mildew odors originating from the HVAC system.
If the repair was performed by an Independent Service Provider, the following conditions and requirements also apply in addition to the three mentioned above:
- You must provide proof that within a six-month period prior to the first past repair performed by the Independent Service Provider, the vehicle was diagnosed by an Authorized Service Center as having moldy or mildew-y odors originating from the HVAC system.
- The maximum reimbursement for a single past repair performed by an Independent Service Provider shall not exceed $300. If there were multiple past repairs performed by an Independent Service Provider, the total reimbursement shall not exceed $900.
- No reimbursement will be paid for replacement of the evaporator if it was replaced by an Independent Service Provider.
You must submit a Claim form to qualify for reimbursement for past repairs.
For repairs that occurred prior to May 11, 2020, the deadline to file a claim for reimbursement was July 25, 2020.
For repairs that occur between May 11, 2020, and December 7, 2020, you must submit a Claim Form within 75 days of the date of the repair.
If you need a covered repair after December 7, 2020, please make an appointment at an Authorized Service Center for a future repair. There will be no reimbursements for costs you paid out of pocket for covered repairs performed after December 7, 2020.
You may submit a claim online, or, if you are unable to complete the claim online, you may download a Claim Form or contact the Settlement Administrator at 1-844-924-0851 or info@mercedesHVACsettlement.com to request that a Claim Form be mailed to you.
Follow all instructions on the Claim Form and make sure to inform the Settlement Administrator of any changes in your address after you have submitted your Claim Form.